Monday, February 22, 2010

Vision Quest

"Why is it such work to stay conscious and so easy to get stuck and not the other way around?" --These R the Thoughts, Alanis Morissette

I was supposed to start a vision board.


I’ll be honest, I don’t know that I ever completely understood what that means. It was explained to me at the corner of DiscoKroger and Euclid (yes, in my world, that’s an intersection) one night after leaving book club. I think that between the cold air and the walk home it never really sank in. However, it was supposed to be one way that I could begin figuring out what it is that I “Want To Do.” That was also the original concept for this blog. I was going to chronicle my attempts at finding out what that is, what my strengths are and start towards a path for a happier, more fulfilled me. I’ve gotten a bit off track.


It’s just that every time I start to write about that subject, it turns into a whine. I don’t tolerate whining well and I certainly don’t want to be one more e-sympathy suck. God knows we have enough of that.


I just feel like I’ve got lots of energy and ideas, but they are going 1000 different directions. I was hoping that the blog would help me focus a little, maybe help me get a better perspective on what’s going on in my head. Sometimes, it seems like the blog is just one more way to divert me.


I had close to 6 hours in the car yesterday. I used that time to a) sing along very loudly with the radio and b) think a little. I don’t know that I got any further along. What I do know is that I’m not using my abilities (whatever they are) to their fullest, I absolutely loathe my current revenue stream (cuz let’s be honest, that’s all it is) and this stagnation thing sure as hell isn’t helping.


I just don’t know what else to do. Maybe I should google “vision board”.

No comments:

Post a Comment