Friday, September 11, 2009

Cuz Why Not Share?

Here's the story of my little accident this morning. I can't stress how minor it really was. But, a story, nonetheless.

So I go to the Dunkin Donuts this morning to get donuts for the office. I get those and start heading into work. For some reason, the police have the street blocked. There are cones and sawhorses everywhere. The road is a general clusterf*$k. Papaw in front of me (in a Buick Roadmaster woody wagon) gets all befuddled and can't decide what to do. So, he does the natural thing and decides to abort mission and back up. So, here I sit in morning traffic downtown and Pappy's got his reverse lights on. I'm on the horn like it's my job and Pappy just keeps on comin'.
He obviously did not put the hearing aid in when he left the house this morning. There is a police officer standing at the street that is blocked and he hears me honking. He looks over just in time to see Pappy backing and coming at me. Pappy then hits the front of my car. He then throws it into drive and drives away. I can't get my head out of the car fast enough to yell at the officer "HE JUST HIT ME!!!".


Insurance adjuster in me kicked in and I've already memorized his plate number. The officer radios it in and I pull over. Pappy apparently gets stopped somewhere down the road by another officer and comes back.
He arrives smoking and in a t shirt that says "Been There, Done That". I can attest, he indeed has. He informs me that he has never had a wreck. I'd guess his age is apx somewhere between 75 and 900. So, if the last thing on his list was to get in an accident...success, Pappy!!. You have now been there and done that, literally....everything.
Anyway, a claim is already set up with his insurance. It's a company that I deal with frequently, so I'll hear from them in 2 weeks, if I'm lucky.


But, like I said, it's minor and I'm in no hurry. Thanks to all that inquired about me this morning and sorry for it sounding a little more dramatic than it was when I sent out the first tweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment